GET TO KNOW SETA
SETA is a company linked to environmental issues through the production of vegetable tannins and wood chips. The company is aligned with rigorous standards of social, environmental and economic responsibility.
History from 1941
SETA was the first vegetable tannin industry in the American continent and was composed of tanners, led by Mr. Edvino Leuck.
The company was born to meet the demand for vegetable tannins from local tanneries, but also began to serve the domestic market and quickly the international market.
As a result, in addition to expanding the cultivation of Black Acacia forests, it added value to the production chain, stimulating the producer and encouraging the cultivation of the species.
The current administration of the company seeks to consolidate new business and expand into new markets to ensure the sustainability of the business and the company. Today, SETA conducts business on all continents, in more than 70 countries.
Sustainability and local impact
Respect for the environment
Integration with the community
Social Action Guidelines
Understand the path of Black Acacia
It all starts with the the promotion of the Black Acacia plantation. After the growing cycle, Black Acacia trees are harvested and the land areas are prepared for new planting.
SETA occupies a prominent position and recognition for the quality of products and services offered. We seek to be a reference in the markets where we operate.
In order to achieve this outstanding position, we do not measure efforts to implement the SETA Quality Program, an initiative aimed at meeting the needs and expectations of our customers.
These efforts have resulted in better and more modern processes, sustainable values and certifications that prove our experience. In 1999, we achieved ISO 9001 certification for the production of vegetable tannins and in 2002 this certification was awarded to our specialty chemicals.
In 2004, the company achieved the Good Forest Management certification that guarantees that our forests are managed in the concept of sustainability: ecologically correct, economically viable and socially just.
SETA is committed to the constant improvement of its Quality Management System as a success factor and development of its business, having the following permanent principles:
1. Customer: Seek customer satisfaction, meeting their expectations and needs;
2. Results:Improve continuously the results of the company, through permanent analysis of its performance, seeking to guarantee returns to its partners and personnel;
3. Team: Personnel development to efficiently and effectively act in pursuit of their professional fulfillment;
4. Suppliers: Develop alliances with suppliers;
5. Society: Contribute to the development of the community of which it is a part;
6. Safety: Give priority to a safe environment, guaranteeing and valuing the physical integrity of human beings;
7. Enviroment: Give priority to the respect for the environment, through personal engagement of each employee towards the environment.
Av. Primeiro de Maio, 1109
Bairro Das Rosas,
Estância Velha – RS
Brasil. CEP 93601-640
+55 51 3205.2233
SAC +55 51 3205-2211
Rua Eng. Metalúrgico Carlos Firmo Schmidt Rover, nº 5125
Bairro Zona Portuária,
Rio Grande – RS
Brasil. CEP: 96204-470